Nutella and coconut add a rich twist to classic banana bread.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Nutella (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 25.5cm loaf pan. Line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges.
- Sift plain flour, self-raising flour, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Make a well. Add banana, coconut milk, syrup, oil and egg. Mix to combine. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Top with spoonfuls of Nutella. Using a butter knife, drag Nutella through the top of the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaf comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack lined with baking paper. Cool completely. Serve.