Only six ingredients and one pot is all you need for delicious Balti lamb curry. What could be easier?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balti curry paste
- 750g diced lamb
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 12 small pappadums
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add lamb. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until coated and lightly browned. Stir in tomato and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until lamb is almost tender. Stir in chickpeas. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and lamb tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pappadums following packet directions. Serve curry with pappadums.