Tomato, basil and fetta cheese are a popular combination in Mediterranean cooking. They are the perfect complement to the tender sirloin steaks.
- 4 sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 6 roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 175g Greek fetta, crumbled
- 4 whole garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Scatter over capers, garlic cloves and crumbled fetta.
- Sprinkle with half the oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes until tomatoes soft. Remove and set aside.
- Place the steaks in a non-metallic bowl and toss with the remaining oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for five minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the steaks for four minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve steaks with baked tomatoes, capers, garlic and fetta and scatter with basil.