This tasty steak dish gives you a good balance of protein and carbs, plus vitamins A and C.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80ml (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 4 (125g each) beef porterhouse steaks, excess fat trimmed
- 500g Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes, halved (see note)
- Olive oil spray
- 4 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Combine the garlic and 60ml (1/4 cup) of vinegar in a glass or ceramic dish. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Cook the potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure steamer doesn't touch the water), covered, for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill or non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place the shallot, chilli and rocket in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the steaks among serving plates. Top with the shallot mixture and drizzle over the remaining vinegar. Serve with the potato and broccolini.