Succulent tender steak is a great choice with mashed cannelini beans and steamed green beans.
- 4 (about 150g each) beef fillet steaks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Place the beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add 3 tablespoons of the vinegar and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Combine the tomato, capsicum, onion and remaining vinegar in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a chargrill pan on high. Lightly spray the beef with oil spray. Add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the cannellini beans and cook, stirring and mashing with a fork, for 2-3 minutes or until coarsely mashed and heated through. Add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with pepper. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Spoon the cannellini mixture among serving plates. Top with steak and spoon over the tomato mixture. Serve with steamed green beans.