Put a new spin on everyone's favourite cucina with this easy weeknight lamb leg steak and Italian-style salad.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 4 x 200g lamb leg steaks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 radicchio, outer leaves discarded
- 100g rocket
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 40g pecorino, shaved
- Combine the balsamic with garlic and 1 tbs oil. Season and pour over the lamb, then set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 3 minutes each side for medium, then set aside, loosely covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine lamb resting juices with lemon juice and remaining 2 tbs oil. In a separate bowl, combine radicchio, rocket, beans, cucumber and pecorino. Season, then add dressing and toss to combine.
- Slice the lamb and serve immediately with the salad.