This delicious chicken salad is perfect for weeknight dinners or work lunchboxes.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 x 150g chicken thigh fillets
- 3 small par-bake bread rolls, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 120g baby spinach (see Notes)
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 200g red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine sugar, garlic and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue chargrill or chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly spray each side of bread slices with oil. Cook bread for 2 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken to chargrill. Cook, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, cucumber, grapes, pecans, oil and remaining vinegar in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Thickly slice chicken. Add chicken and croutons to salad. Toss to combine. Serve.