Finish off your Middle Eastern feast with some decadent, honey coated baklava.
- 4 x 150g pkt walnuts, chopped
- 2 1/3 cups (300g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 20 sheets filo
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm x 30cm slab pan with oil. Combine 4 x 150g pkt walnuts, chopped, 1/3 cup (80g) caster sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Use 20 sheets filo and 80g butter, melted. Make 4 stacks, layer 5 sheets per stack, brushing layers with butter. Put a stack in pan. Top with one-third of walnut mixture. Repeat layers, finishing with filo. Cut into four. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups (220g) caster sugar, 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil, add 1/4 cup (60ml) honey. Remove sticks. Pour over hot slice and cool.