Lower-GI entertaining can still be delicious, eye-catching and satisfying - for everyone.
- 400g wedge fresh low-fat ricotta cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 dried peach halves
- 8 dried figs
- 16 pitted prunes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 thick strip lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (see note)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place ricotta on a lightly greased baking tray. Spray liberally with oil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
- Place peaches, figs, prunes, cinnamon and lemon rind in a saucepan. Add 1 1/4 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Slice and serve baked ricotta with fruit compote and drizzled with honey.