Evoke the flavours of Mexico in this tasty and healthy side dish.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1 cup white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock (see notes)
- 270g can corn kernels, drained
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli powder (see note) and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.Cook, covered, for a further 10 minutes or until stock is nearly all absorbed. Remove pan from heat. Add corn. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe mushrooms with paper towels and trim the stems. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until tender. Spoon avocado onto stem side of mushrooms. Sprinkle with green onions and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese just melts.
- Stir rice with a fork to separate the grains. Add coriander and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with mushrooms. Serve.