Lamb cutlets are a perennial favourite - they're quick cooking and tasty. The kids will love them with this crunchy crumb.
- 1/2 cup dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 egg
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- canola oil cooking spray
- crunchy Asian salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, five spice and chives in a large, shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg in a bowl. Dip lamb in egg, then breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared tray. Spray cutlets lightly with oil. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and cooked through, turning halfway during cooking. Serve with salad.