The whole family will love these healthy oven-baked fish and chips with creamy tartare sauce.
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 650g thick white fish fillets, cut into 2cm wide strips
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 large sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into chips
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place flour on a plate. Pour buttermilk into a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon pepper on a plate.
- Coat 1 piece of fish in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining fish, flour, buttermilk and breadcrumb mixture. Spray fish with oil.
- Place chips in an oven bag or shallow, heatproof, microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons cold water. Loosely twist top of oven bag to secure, or cover dish. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until chips are tender. Drain. Spread chips, in a single layer, over remaining prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake chips on top shelf of oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Place fish in oven under chips. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until chips are golden and crisp and fish is cooked through.
- Make tartare sauce: Combine mayonnaise, gherkins, parsley, capers and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fish and chips with tartare sauce.