For a special occasion breakfast, these baked eggs with wilted kale and feta are sure to impress.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 wholemeal pita bread
- 1 tbs pistachio dukkah
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g kale leaves, stems trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 20g butter, melted
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 2 tbs pouring cream
- 40g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly brush pita bread with half the oil. Sprinkle with dukkah. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool slightly. Break into large pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add kale and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Brush four 3/4 cup (185ml) capacity ramekins with butter to grease. Divide kale mixture among ramekins. Carefully crack an egg into each ramekin. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with feta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until white is set and yolk is still runny, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with pita crisps.