With lamb, chicken and lots of veggies, these skewers are practically a complete meal on a stick.
- 1 (about 250g) single chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm cubes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) char siu sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 (about 250g) lamb fillet, cubed
- 2 tablespoons oyster Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, cubed
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cubed
- 1 x 415g can peach halves, drained, halved
- 2 tablespoons char siu sauce, extra
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the chicken, char siu sauce and half the sesame oil in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to develop the flavours. Combine the lamb, oyster sauce, corn flour, basil and remaining sesame oil in a second medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Thread the chicken, half of the zucchini, half the green and red capsicum and half the peach alternately on half the skewers. Place on a baking tray. Repeat with the lamb, remaining zucchini, capsicum and peach and place on a separate baking tray. Season with pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and set the lamb aside to rest. Brush the chicken skewers with the extra char siu sauce and bake for a further 2 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and serve immediately with lamb skewers.