Take time out after a busy day to whip up this quick and tasty Baked Indian fish pilaf for a weeknight dinner.
- 3 teaspoons Massel chicken style stock powder
- 3 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup tikka masala curry paste
- 1 1/3 cups Basmati rice
- 450g frozen barramundi fish fillets, thawed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- Pappadums or naan bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced.
- Combine stock powder and boiling water in a jug. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based, non-stick flameproof casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add 3 cups stock mixture. Bring to the boil. Cover. Transfer to oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir in fish, peas and remaining stock. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until fish is just cooked through. Gently stir in spinach. Cover. Set aside for 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Serve with pappadums or naan bread.