Turn a Friday fish dish into something completely different with this taco twist.
- Rice bran oil, to deep-fry
- 150g pkt tempura batter
- 400g flathead fillets, cut into 12cm long pieces
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 160g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 long fresh green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Add oil to a medium saucepan or electric deep-fryer to come one third up the side and heat to 180C over medium-high heat (when the oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden brown in 15 seconds).
- Prepare tempura batter following packet directions. Place the fish in batter and turn to coat. In batches, gently shake fish to remove excess batter and deep-fry, for 2-3 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repat with the remaining fish and batter.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Cook the tortillas for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Top tortillas with cabbage, fish, chilli and mayonnaise. Serve with lime wedges.