It may sound fancy, but these bacon-wrapped lamb cutlets will be on the dinner table in under half an hour.
- 8 frenched lamb cutlets
- 2 teaspoons English mustard
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, halved widthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 800g canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Spread cutlets with mustard and wrap meat in bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over high heat. Cook cutlets (in batches) for about 3 minutes each side until bacon is crisp and lamb is medium rare.
- Meanwhile, place beans and fennel in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water. Warm for 5 minutes over medium heat, then stir in vinegar, parsley and remaining oil.
- Season and serve with lamb cutlets.