Wrapping food in bacon always makes it taste better, and this chicken recipe is no exception!
- 2 small Desiree potatoes, quartered
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 single chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 1 slice Swiss cheese, quartered
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, halved lengthways
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced, steamed
- 2 baby squash, quartered, steamed
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Place potatoes in baking dish. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat in oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 200°C.
- Cut a pocket lengthwise through middle of chicken, making sure not to cut all the way through. Push cheese into pocket. Wrap bacon around chicken. Secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Add chicken to potatoes. Roast both for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with potatoes and steamed carrot and squash.