Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 20 cream crackers,
- 200 grms Hazel nuts,
- 2tblsps cocoa,
- 4tblsp drinking Choc,
- 6 egg whites,
- 200grm caster sugar,
- 2tsp vanilla,
- 2tsp melted margarine or butter.
- Crush the crackers in a blender. add the nuts and crush with the pulse button so not to crush them too much, just chopped small.
- Add the cocoa & the choc, mix well. Beat the egg whites and sugar till its soft white and slightly stiff(xkuma)
- Add the vanilla and beat for 1 minute. fold in the mixture of nuts and cocoa. fold in in batches so it wont go flat & be quick in doing so.
- Add the melted butter and fold till its all in.
- Bake it in a spring form dish that is greased with butter and bake on gas 5(moderate oven) for 30 minutes. you know when ready cause the sides will shrink a bit from the tin. I covered it with Chocolate Ganache!