These versatile pastries are a great any time snack, or put them on a platter for a party.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Add green onions and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using an 8cm cutter, cut 6 rounds from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Place a small spoon of mushroom filling on one-half of pastry circle. Fold remaining half of pastry over filling. Press edges together to seal. Continue with remaining mushroom mixture and pastry.
- Place empanadas onto baking trays. Brush with egg. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.