Sweet and simple, these little cupcakes will bring a smile to everyone's face.
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (125g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 2 cups (300g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1-2 drops pink liquid food colouring
- Icing flowers, to decorate
- Pink sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 36 30ml (1 1/2 tablespoons capacity) mini muffin pans with paper cases.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and caster sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in the flour and sour cream in alternate batches. Spoon evenly into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked though. Cool completely before icing.
- Combine the icing sugar and milk in a bowl until a smooth paste forms. Add the rosewater and stir to combine. Divide into 2 bowls. Add the pink colouring to an icing portion. Spread the icing over the cupcakes. Decorate with icing flowers, and sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Serve with coffee.