Succulent tender steak is a great choice with crispy potatoes and spinach.
- 4 large desiree potatoes
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to grease
- 4 beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed
- 80g butter, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and zest and cook for 1 minute until the garlic is soft.
- Heat a barbeque plate or frying pan over a high heat. Cut the potatoes into 3mm slices. Sprinkle with salt and toss in the olive oil. Brush both sides of the steaks lightly with the extra oil. Season with lots of freshly ground pepper.
- Barbeque the potatoes for 2 minutes each side or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Barbeque the steaks for 1-1 1/2 minutes each side for medium. Transfer to plate and cover with foil to rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the barbeque plate and quickly drizzle 1/4 cup (60ml) of water. Cook for about 30 seconds until wilted. Divide the potatoes among serving plates and top with the steak and spinach. Reheat the sauce if required and drizzle over the spinach.