The buttery flesh of a ripe avocado is best enjoyed in this Mexican salad served with tortillas.
- 2 avocados, quartered,
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 5mm pieces
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Flour tortillas, to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 drops red Tabasco pepper sauce
- Pinch of caster sugar
- To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, oil, Tabasco sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide avocado among serving plates. Combine the onion and tomato in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the avocado. Drizzle over the dressing. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with flour tortillas.