Take green avocados from salads to mains in this chicken pesto pasta classic.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (500g) chicken breast fillets
- 375g dried linguine pasta
- 240g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/3 cup light cooking cream
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- Toasted pine nuts, to serve
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1/2 medium avocado, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Make avocado pesto Process basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic and avocado until finely chopped. With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Transfer to a bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove tomatoes from stem, keeping stalks intact. Add tomatoes to frying pan. Cook, turning, for 3 to 5 minutes or until just starting to collapse.
- Add pesto, tomatoes, cream, spinach and chicken to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Top with avocado and pine nuts. Serve.