Try this healthier dessert - creamy avocado mousse sweetened with medjool dates and served with spiced oranges.
- 100g pitted medjool dates
- 2 large ripe avocadoes
- 1/3 cup (35g) NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa
- Chopped pistachios and cocoa nibs (optional - see note), to serve
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup (175g) raw honey (see note)
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 3 whole cloves
- Soak dates in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes, then drain and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and segment oranges, then squeeze the juice from the remaining flesh. Transfer segments and juice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat with honey cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and 2 tbs water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes until syrup has thickened and reduced. Strain syrup through a sieve and set aside to cool completely. Reserve orange segments and discard any remaining solids.
- Whiz the avocado, cocoa powder, and reserved dates and syrup in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Spoon into four 125ml serving glasses and chill for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Serve mousse chilled, topped with orange segments, pistachios and cocoa nibs, if using.