Enjoy fresh bagels topped with a zesty avocado hummus, grilled haloumi and asparagus for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 bagels, split
- 125g haloumi, cut into slices crossways
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stoned
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
- To make the avocado hummus, toast the cumin and paprika in a small frying pan over medium heat for 1 min or until aromatic. Transfer to a food processor. Add the avocado, chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini and process until smooth. Season to taste.
- To make the chermoula, combine the coriander, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic and Moroccan seasoning in a small bowl. Season.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Add the asparagus and cook, turning, for 2-3 mins or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Toast the bagels, cut-side down, on the grill for 1 min or until toasted.
- Cook the haloumi on the grill for 1 min each side or until charred. Transfer to a plate. Place bagels on serving plates. Spread with avocado hummus. Top with haloumi and asparagus and drizzle with chermoula.