Bring together a family classic with golden crumbed chicken topped with a tomato sauce, avocado and cheese.
- 2 (340g) chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets plastic wrap. Using a rolling pin, pound until 5mm thick. Place flour on a plate. Lightly whisk milk and eggs together in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Coat 1 piece chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumbs, pressing on to secure. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs. Spray chicken with oil. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each with 1 heaped tablespoon pasta sauce. Arrange avocado over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through. Serve with salad.