Teach your kids healthy eating with these easy-to-assemble vegetarian nachos.
- 1 x 230g pkt corn chips
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes, drained
- 1 x 300g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, sliced
- 120g (1 cup) 50 per cent reduced-fat grated cheese (Bega So Light brand)
- 1 x 100g pkt baby leaves salad mix
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Kids' task: Divide the corn chips among four square 500ml (2-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Combine the tomato, beans and coriander in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over the corn chips. Top with the avocado and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and the tomato mixture is hot. Remove from oven. Serve immediately with salad leaves.