This restaurant-style omelette is not only tasty, but also super easy to make at home. Brought to you by the Taste team and Australian Avocados.
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 large firm ripe avocado, stone removed, diced, plus extra to serve
- 55g (1/4 cup) semi dried tomatoes, drained from oil, sliced
- 20g baby rocket leaves, plus extra to serve
- Multi grain toast, to serve
- Break 2 of the eggs into a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon cold water and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Heat a medium size non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, spray with olive oil spray. Add the egg mixture, as the eggs start to cook, use a wooden spoon to carefully drag the cooked egg to the centre, allowing the uncooked egg to flow to the edges.
- When the omelette is almost cooked, sprinkle half of the avocado, tomatoes and rocket over one half of the omelette and season with salt and pepper. Carefully fold other side of omelette over to enclose filling and slide out onto a clean board. Repeat with remaining eggs and filling to make a second omelette.
- Serve topped with remaining diced avocado, extra rocket leaves and a slice of multigrain toast, if desired.