Come out of your shell to create this Mexican taco meal with a tasty twist, thanks to this fab filling!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500g beef mince
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 10 jumbo taco shells
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned. Add crushed tomato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat taco shells following packet directions. Divide beef mixture and salad tacos evenly between taco shells. Top with lettuce, chopped tomato and cheese. Serve.