Celebrate Australia Day with these mouth-watering burgers, made with soft brioche buns and loaded with tender chicken, crispy bacon, beetroot, onion and tomato.
- 2 RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets, split crossways
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, trimmed, halved
- 320g pkt brioche burger buns, split
- 8 oak lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 225g beetroot slices, drained
- Barbecue sauce, to serve
- Roasted sweet potato chips, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill to medium. Cook the chicken, for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the onion with oil. Cook on the flat plate, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until onion is tender and golden brown. Cook the bacon on the flat plate for 2 mins each side or until golden brown.
- Place the brioche, cut-side down, on barbecue flat plate for 20 secs or until golden. Place brioche bases on serving plates. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomato, bacon, beetroot and onion. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and top with brioche tops. Serve with the sweet potato chips.