Dish up an Aussie burger classic with all the extra trimmings for a victorious dinner.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 WeetBix, crushed
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large slices tasty cheese
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed, halved crossways
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 slices canned beetroot
- 4 canned pineapple rings
- Combine mince, red onion, Weet-Bix, parsley, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, egg and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using clean hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until almost cooked through.
- Transfer patties to a baking tray. Top with cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to pan. Increase heat to high and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp.
- Spread hamburger bun bases with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, pineapple, patties and bacon. Cover with bun tops. Serve.