We've updated the Aussie classic with beetroot relish and smoky barbecue sauce.
- 600g beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons Smoky barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 canned pineapple rings, drained
- 4 eggs
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2/3 cup beetroot relish
- 4 damper rolls, split
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Extra Smoky barbecue sauce, to serve
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, tomato paste,parsley and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide extra mixture into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Shape into 1cm-thick patties. Place onto a baking paper-lined plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil on a barbecue hotplate or large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil on hotplate. Cook pineapple for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden and caramelised. Cook eggs on hotplate, for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Arrange the lettuce, patties, beetroot relish, tomato, pineapple and eggs on roll bases. Top with roll tops. Serve with barbecue sauce and extra beetroot relish on the side.