Try out this amazing Maltese dish and impress your family and friends
- 1 kg of aubergines
- 100g of grated parmesan
- 100g of breadcrumbs
- 100g of galbanino cheese
- 200g of tomato sauces
- A handful of basil leaves
- Delicate olive oil
- Cut the aubergines lengthwise and put them in water and salt for 10 minutes.
- Fry them in plenty of oil.
- In a bowl put the breadcrumbs, parmesan, basil leaves (in small pieces), the galbanino cheese cut into cubes), 4 spoonfuls of tomato sauce , 2 spoonfuls of olive oil and mix together well.
- Place this mixture with a spoon in the centre of each slice of aubergine, then roll up the slice and hold in place with a toothpick.
- Place in a Pyrex dish, having previously poured in the tomato sauce and a little oil.
- Add some more sauce, plus a sprinkling of parmesan , and cook au gratin in the oven for 10 minutes.