Keep it light and breezy with this easy tofu and asparagus stir fry.
- 300g firm tofu, drained on a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 bunches green asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3
- 1 bunch chinese broccoli, trimmed, leaves and stems separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, quartered
- 6 green onions, trimmed, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- Green onion, shredded, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Cut tofu into 1/2 cm slices.
- In a dish, whisk together kecap manis, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil. Add tofu. Turn to coat, then remove. Reserve marinade
- Heat half the remaining oil in a wok or frying pan on high. Cook tofu, in 2 batches, for 1 min each side. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat rest of oil in same pan on high. Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 1 min. Add asparagus and broccoli stems. Stir-fry for 1 min. Add water and stir-fry for a further 1 min.
- Add mushrooms, stir-fry for 1 min. Toss through broccoli leaves, bok choy, onion, chilli and reserved marinade. Stir-fry for a further 2 mins.
- Return tofu to wok and stir-fry gently to heat. Top with shredded green onion and serve with rice.