This fabulous chicken soup makes the most of in-season spring vegetables.
- 6 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 small chicken breast fillets, cooked
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat chicken stock in a large saucepan. Add leek and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the meat from the chicken breast fillets and set aside.
- Add asparagus, parsley, salt and cracked black pepper to the soup. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide asparagus between four shallow serving bowls. Add the soup and top with some shredded chicken. Serve with crusty bread.