Bake something special with this delicious Asparagus, Zucchini & Goat's Cheese Loaf.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Australian tasty cheddar
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 120g goat's cheese, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Grease a 21.5cm x 8cm (base measurement) loaf tin. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 min or until bright green. Refresh in iced water, then drain and pat dry with paper towel. Cut a 6cm length from the top of each spear and reserve. Cut the remaining asparagus into 2cm slices.
- Combine zucchini, onion, flour, eggs, cheddar, peas, oil, herbs, sliced asparagus and half the goat€™s cheese in a large bowl and season to taste. Spoon into the prepared tin. Decorate with the remaining goat€™s cheese and reserved asparagus spears. Bake for 1 hr or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin.