Spoil dad this Father's Day with a winning breakfast omelette starring all the traditional favourites.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pork sausages
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 250g kipfler potatoes or 1 small sebago potato, washed, cut into 2mm-thick slices
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish or sweet paprika, plus extra, to dust
- 6 eggs
- 30g butter
- Sour cream, to serve
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Combine asparagus and 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a bowl. Season, then cook the asparagus, turning 4 times, for 8 minutes or until charred.
- Meanwhile, squeeze sausage meat from casings. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add sausage meat and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer meat to a bowl. Add onion and potatoes to pan and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until soft and golden. Return meat to pan, add paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a small bowl. Season. Heat half the butter in an 18cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat until butter starts to foam. Add eggs, then reduce heat to low. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute or until edge starts to set. Using a spatula, pull cooked edge towards centre of pan, allowing uncooked eggs to coat base and edge of pan. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then slide onto plate. Repeat with remaining butter and eggs.
- Top omelets with half of the potato mixture and asparagus, and a spoonful of sour cream. Dust with extra paprika and serve immediately.