Jazz up traditional cabbage slaw with asparagus and baby kale.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 small (400g) green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups baby kale, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- Cut asparagus in half crossways. Thinly slice each piece lengthways.
- Combine asparagus, carrot, cabbage, kale, onion and mint in a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, lemon juice and fennel seeds in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Add to cabbage mixture. Toss to combine. Serve.