Tuck into this super-tasty asian vegie omelette, it's quick and simple to cook and packed with nutrient rich pak choy, mushrooms and spring onions.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch pak choy
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Kecap manis, to serve
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a 20cm (base measurement) non-stick frying pan. Add the mushroom and garlic and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until just soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse and dry pak choy. Separate stems and leaves and roughly chop. Heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in pan and stir-fry stems for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Add the leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute or until just wilted. Transfer to the bowl with mushroom.
- Use a fork to whisk eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil and half of the spring onion in a bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one-quarter of egg mixture. Swirl to coat base. Cook for about 2 minutes, dragging uncooked egg from the edges into centre. When almost set, spoon one-quarter of the pak choy mixture over one half of the omelette.
- Fold omelette over filling. Slide onto a plate and top with one-quarter of the remaining spring onion. Repeat to make 3 more omelettes. Serve with kecap manis.