Stuff omelette with vegetables and noodles for a fast Asian-style dinner idea.
- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 eggs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/2 x 800g packet frozen Shanghai stir-fry vegetable mix (see note)
- 1 tablespoon Chang's oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Whisk eggs and onion in a bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add vegetable mix, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add noodles. Toss to combine.
- Heat 1 teaspoon remaining vegetable oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add one-quarter of the egg mixture. Swirl to coat. Cook for 30 seconds or until just set.
- Top 1 half of omelette with one-quarter of the vegetable mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until egg has set. Fold over to enclose filling. Slide onto a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil, egg mixture and vegetable mixture to make 4 omelettes. Serve drizzled with soy sauce.