Tender roast pork is teamed with fresh Asian ingredients in this delicious salad main.
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced light soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 500g pork fillet, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g packet baby Asian greens
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into thin strips
- 100g shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 nashi pears, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and Chinese five-spice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Drain pork, reserving marinade. Place pork in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in oil. Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice pork across the grain. Combine Asian greens, capsicum, mushroom, pear, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Add pork and dressing. Toss to combine. Serve.