Go beyond simple salads with this Asian-inspired version starring barbecue pork and rice noodles.
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 100g Asian salad greens
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, blanched
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger (see note)
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 300g Asian barbecue pork (see note), thinly sliced
- 50g Japanese rice crackers, roughly broken, to serve
- Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, drain, refresh in cold water, drain again.
- Whisk vinegar, chilli, soy, oil and juice in a bowl. Combine greens, peas, ginger, capsicum and pork. Toss with noodles and dressing and serve with crackers.