This fabulous Asian dish combines chicken and rice noodles with the legendary flavours of mint, coriander and lime.
- 3 (about 750g) single chicken breast fillets
- 250g thin rice stick noodles
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked, larger leaves torn
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 110g (2 cups) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 80g (1/2 cup) unsalted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped, to serve
- Place the chicken in a large deep frying pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Coarsely shred.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Drain well and return to the bowl.
- Add the chicken, capsicum, mint, coriander and bean sprouts to the noodles and gently toss to combine.
- Whisk together the kecap manis, lime juice, fish sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a medium jug until well combined. Drizzle the noodle mixture with the dressing and gently toss until well combined. Divide the noodle salad among serving bowls and sprinkle with cashews, if desired. Serve immediately.