Stuff this Asian-style omelette with tender button mushrooms for an 'eggsellent' dinner idea.
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 80g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cups steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Break 4 eggs into a bowl. Add half the chilli and half the green onions. Whisk with a fork.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Pour in egg mixture. Swirl to cover base and run 1cm up the side. Sprinkle half the mushrooms over egg mixture. Cook for 30 seconds or until base is set. Fold omelette in half. Tilt wok to allow any uncooked egg to run to edge. Cook for 30 seconds. Turn omelette over and cook for 30 seconds or until light golden (omelette should still be moist inside). Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining eggs, chilli, green onions, oil and mushrooms.
- Cut omelettes in half and place on plates. Top with snow pea sprouts. Drizzle with soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with rice