Master the grill with this Asian-spiced lamb served with a medley of fresh Asian vegetables.
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g palm sugar
- 175ml seasoned rice vinegar (see note)
- 1 telegraph cucumber
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 daikon (Chinese white radish) (see note)
- 1 stick lemon grass, white part only, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 100g trimmed bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (about 600g) lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Slice the chillies very thinly and place in a saucepan with garlic, sugar and vinegar. Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Set aside to cool completely.
- Slice the cucumber thinly into rounds and slice the carrot and daikon into very thin, long strips. Place in a bowl with the lemon grass, mint, coriander and bean sprouts.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill plate. Brush the lamb with oil, season with salt and ground black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes each side (lamb will be very rare). Set aside to rest.
- Add fish sauce to the dressing. Squeeze any excess moisture from the vegetables with your hands. Add half the dressing.
- Carve the lamb thinly. Divide salad between serving plates, top with sliced lamb and drizzle with remaining dressing.