Running out of healthy ideas for the kids? Try these barbecued lamb cutlets with peanut marinade.
- 8 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch chilli powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce, extra
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- Carrot and celery sticks, to serve
- Blanched green beans, to serve
- Place the lamb in a large non-metallic bowl and add teriyaki sauce. Toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened and light golden. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli (if using) and cook for 1 minute. Stir in extra teriyaki sauce, peanut butter and water.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes or until well combined and slightly thickened. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a grill or barbecue to high heat. Remove the lamb from the marinade. Grill lamb in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Place lamb on serving plates and serve with peanut sauce and carrot, celery and green beans.