This quick side dish is a lively accompaniment to an Asian inspired feast.
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 bunches gai lan, trimmed
- Place oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in a screw-top jar. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Separate leaves from gai lan stems.
- Place a large steamer over a wok or large saucepan of simmering water. Place gai lan stems in steamer. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm. Place leaves in steamer. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Add to bowl.
- Pour sauce mixture over gai lan. Toss to combine. Serve.