Drizzle warm caper dressing over tangy artichokes for a sensational side dish.
- 6 globe artichokes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 4 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large bowl with water and pour in lemon juice. Use a sharp knife to trim the stalk off one artichoke, leaving about 5cm attached. Cut about 5cm off the top of the artichoke. Peel away leaves until you reach the slightly paler yellow leaves. Cut artichoke in half lengthways and use a spoon to remove the choke at the fine furry part at the bottom. Put in the bowl of lemon water. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drain artichokes and add to the pan. Use an upturned plate to place over artichokes to hold them down under the water. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Carefully transfer to a large, shallow serving bowl.
- To make dressing, place oil, lemon rind, lemon juice, parsley, anchovies and capers in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until warmed through. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle warm dressing over the artichokes. Serve immediately.