Whip up a healthy dessert in less than 30 minutes with this clever apricot and ricotta cheese recipe.
- 12 just-ripe apricots, halved, stones removed
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cold water
- 1 tablespoon rosewater essence (Queen brand)
- 160g fresh ricotta
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g pistachios, shelled, coarsely chopped
- Fill a large heatproof bowl with cold water. Place the apricots, 70g (1/3 cup) sugar, water and rosewater essence in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until apricots soften and the syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and place the base of the saucepan in the bowl of cold water. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, use an electric beater to beat remaining sugar, ricotta, milk and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth. Divide apricots among serving bowls and drizzle with syrup. Spoon over the ricotta mixture and sprinkle with pistachios.